Most common word-processing formats are accepted including
- Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, and plain text
- Microsoft PowerPoint (as pdf) – see Submit and Evaluate PowerPoint
- Documents containing images if those documents also contain some text – see also Will Turnitin accept image files?
Turnitin does not accept Excel documents and formats for computer programming languages. But will accept .csv files
(CLTAD do not recommend this mode of submission as neither Google drive nor dropbox are centrally supported on UAL machines)
- Student papers residing as Google Drive™ or Dropbox files can be submitted directly to Turnitin.
- This feature is available for single paper uploads only .
- Work stored in the Google Drive format will automatically convert to a PDF file as it’s submitted to Turnitin.
- Files from Google Drive or Dropbox in the following formats will be accepted in the existing format: MS Word, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, OpenOffice (ODT), Hangul (HWP), PowerPoint (PPT) and plain text.