It is possible to see when students (and staff) last used a Moodle course and which section.
- Log into Moodle
- Click on the course to review
- Go to UAL Navigation block ( you may need to add this – from Edit content view)
- Scroll down left hand menu and click Participants
- Search for and click on the user whose log you want to check
- The user’s profile will appear
- Scroll down left hand menu and click Activity Log under the name of user selected
- Click on log type to view e.g. All logs
You can see when and what the user accessed re your course.
This will not tell you if a student actually submitted a Moodle or Turnitin Assignment or what was posted to a discussion post but does provide useful information
See also Moodle Reports